About this event
Title: Jesus and Women by Kristi McLelland
Style: Video + Discussion
When: Thursday EVENINGS 6:30-8:30 pm || February 8th – April 16th
Where: 412 Annex (Behind the Red Kite in the Harp’s shopping center at 412 and Jones Road) || 7058 W. Sunset, Springdale, AR 72762
Facilitator: Michelle White
Childcare: not provided
WHAT: We will watch and study Jesus and Women by Kristi McLelland. "Imagine walking the dusty roads of Galilee with Jesus of Nazareth—braving jostling crowds just to touch the edge of His cloak and hear Him say, “Take heart, daughter, your faith has healed you.” Those words, once meant to comfort a hurting woman’s soul thousands of years ago, were also meant for you. Join biblical culturalist Kristi McLelland on those dusty roads as she transports you back to Jesus’ world, following in the footsteps of the women who came face-to-face with the Living God."
- Over 7 sessions, examine the historical and cultural climate of first-century Middle Eastern society to not only understand Jesus more deeply but to fuel your worship of Him today.
- Explore how Jesus generously gives dignity and honor to women in the first century and now.
- Gain deeper insight into the biblical world, including fresh perspective on familiar Bible stories.
- Discover the Bible through the lens of Middle Eastern culture.
- Learn how special we women are in the eyes of Jesus and how much He loves us as daughters of His.
HOW: Homework: Personal study segments to complete between 7 weeks of group sessions. || Classroom time: We will watch a 60 minute video lesson and discuss the workbook in small groups.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Workbook: Jesus and Women, must purchase before 1st class
- A Bible; preferably an ESV, NASB, or NIV translation
- A journal or notebook with your completed weekly homework
- Pens, highlighters, and post-it notes as desired